Right of access guidance
The expanded right of access guidance explains that:
- Individuals have the right o access their personal data (commonly referred to as a subject access)
- Individuals can make a subject access request verbally or in writing
- You have one month to respond to a request
- You cannot, in most circumstances, charge a fee to deal with a request.
Objecting to processing guidance
The expanded guidance explains that:
- The GDPR gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances
- Individuals have an absolute right to stop their data being used for direct marketing purposes
- In other cases where the right to object applies you may be able to continue processing the data if you can show that you have a compelling reason for doing so
- You must tell individuals about their right to object
- Individuals can make an objecting verbally or in writing
- You have one calendar month to respond to an objection.