Document Signatures is launched
HR Managers using the Portal have been asking for this feature for some time and we are delighted to announce it was released last week. This means that your team can get HR paperwork off their desks in a timely manner without compromising compliance. And, if you are ever asked for a signed copy of that important document, it will take only a couple of minutes to find it and produce a report showing the date and time it was signed by the employee. Document Signatures is a slam dunk solution for busy managers and is useful for managing contracts, training documents and standard operating procedures… in fact, it’s perfect for any document that requires proof of receipt and response by a member of staff.
In this edition of Decksology we cover ….
- How Document Signatures works and what’s included
- How you can subscribe and how much it costs
- The benefits of using Document Signatures
If you already use the Portal for GDPR compliant storage of staff contracts and other HR documents it’s a small step to subscribe to Document Signatures and automate this final step of the process to guarantee compliance.
How Document Signatures works
- Before sending to staff, select a document template for signature and write a covering note for recipients
- Mail merge with Personnel Files data as usual
- Publish documents in online personnel dashboards for staff to sign or reject with reasons if appropriate
- Track and record real time opens, signatures and responses from online Manager Dashboards
- Send prompts to email if staff don’t respond
- Receive signature status digest via push notifications to mobile in iOS and Android
- Keep a time stamped record of issued and signed returns plus audit rejected documents
- Keep an electronic copy in the employee’s file as well as in Document Manager.
- The full audit certificate can be printed off when needed to settle disputes (staff can also access a copy of this certificate on their personnel dashboard).
All these steps can be done within minutes on the Portal. It takes just a few clicks. It’s amazing the time it saves and the peace of mind it gives managers knowing that the compliance element is covered.
Subscription Status: As you may already know, Document Manager is a Key Deck included as part of your Portal GO package. It provides an important link between your Advisor’s services and your daily HR management routine. Document Signatures takes document management to the next level. It is classed as a ‘My Deck’ and requires a subscription. Take a closer look at features and pricing.
You can easily subscribe to this new Deck by logging in to your account, navigating to the top menu and clicking on the document icon near your profile photo. Then select Document Signatures to add the Deck ( you can search in the search bar if you wish) and follow the prompts to upgrade your monthly subscription. When you click to purchase this Deck we will automatically send you an email invitation with your new subscription details for your approval. It is important to open and accept the invitation if you wish to complete the upgrade.
Document Signatures saves you time and money
This Deck will help you make significant savings by:
- Reducing the cost of resources required to manage document signatures and
- Reduce the risk of human errors and the costs which flow from them.
As a quick recap, here is a list of jobs the person responsible for HR administration will do in order to get your staff contracts and employment policies issued to staff.
- Update staff records
- Mail merge the master contracts with staff data
- Issue copies of the mail merged contracts
- Collate signed returns
- Log and respond to objections
- Securely store the signed documents
- Chase up absentees and ensure staff on leave don’t get overlooked
- Remember to review and update the master document at regular intervals
We estimate that it takes a full 8 hours to manage the essential parts of the document signing process for even a handful of employees (such as printing, posting, checking and filing returns, monitoring progress, replying to questions and objections, plus auditing and storing signed returns). This makes the cost of the Deck subscription excellent value.
The Portal automates 80% of this work so you can see why it makes sense to subscribe to the new Document Signatures Deck.
P.S. Document Signatures integrates with Document Manager
Here is a quick re-cap of the benefits of using the Portal’s Document Manager Deck
- Upload and store master templates (contracts and other documents)
- Add security levels and manager access permissions to protect sensitive documents if required
- Tight management of document streams allows managers to see earlier versions and notes
- Issue documents to staff by mail merging Personnel Files data into templates one at a time or in bulk